July 22, 2008

It's Hot!

** WARNING - RANDOM POST **

I am hot... it is hot. I know it's just 104, but it irritates me today. I'm also busy and a little cranky. Sometime last night our house was egged. ICING ON THE CAKE RIGHT! It's the 2nd time our house has been egged. When we lived in our previous home, this took place once, and now once in our current home. Luckily, they were nice enough not to aim at our vehicles. Makes me so MAD though, because the stuff is HARD to clean. I also feel threaten and targeted when it happens because I didn't see the neighbor's house egged. Because of this, I did a neighborhood drive by and spotted one more house that was egged which brings MUCH relief. It stops me from thinking, whom have I made angry... what have I done. Because I know very little people in my neighborhood - I begin to worry. Luckily as mentioned, I was not the only one.

In the land of freelance, I suppose I'm still learning to work for myself. It's hard to stop working when work is always with you, just a laptop away... an office away... any computer (we have 3) in the house away. Are you a freelancer, if so, any advice you can offer in the way you handle your work-flow and how do you set home office limits?

I have 3 - 4 design layouts to finish for websites. One letterhead set and it appears that before I head to visit my rocker, super nice, crafty and energetic friend Mel, I must earn the 'time off'. So I need an energy boost, which is why I drank me a Grande Iced Nonfat Vanilla Latte with Whip. R-E-F-R-E-S-H-I-N-G!

2 comments:

Artsy Fartsy said...

I totally agree - this heat is making me so grumpy, and is definitely putting a damper on my running regimen.

I work from home, and it is very hard for me to keep on track. I have found that if I keep a fairly strict schedule (say work from 8 - 5, with a break for lunch), then I get more work done. Otherwise, I procrastinate.

Good luck with your free-lancing!

Mrs. Maria said...

Thanks so much for the feedback. I need to stay focused with my hours. It's so easy to spend more time doing work when you're at home....