January 30, 2009

Creativity In Repair

The past few weeks I have been experiencing something I didn't think I would while at home, a creative emptiness and lack of fulfillment and direction.

I have found myself doing very little to stay creative and I'm having a hard time coming out of the uncreative funk. I don't feel as if I nailed that one thing I'm passionate about. I need to figure out a way to manage my time and make sure I fit in 'creative' time, however old habits die hard. With all the responsibilities that come with life, I can't seem to fit it in. If you're a creative stopping by to read this post, I am curious how you have found your one thing or two you have passion for? How do you maintain it, protect it?

I'd love to make that one of my goals, finding one thing that creates a personal fulfillment in my creative world. With that I dedicate to myself a new favorite song, John Mayer's In Repair. I can do that right?

"Stood on the corner for a while
To wait for the wind to blow down on me
Hoping it takes with it my old ways
And brings some brand new luck upon me
Oh it's taking so long I could be wrong, I could be ready
Oh but if I take my heart's advice
I should assume it's still unsteady
I am in repair, I am in repair "

1 comment:

devon spec said...

mrs beautiful maria. you didn't think you'd get the funk staying at home! really? wow. ;) i get the funk at work and i'm around creatives all the live long day. honestly? i've started keeping tabs on bloglines of the most creative blogs i have found out there and when i log in every morning i have something fresh and new to oversaturate my brain. it can get overwhelming though... take warning. :)