January 24, 2010

Expired and Worn Out

I recently purchased a book from Amazon. I happen to find it at 2:00 am one morning while taking care of Olivia as she coughed the night away. I was SO tired and sadly, so grumpy. I started thinking why am "I" so tired? I know immediately the thought you have in your head is "duh, because it's 2:00 am", but that wasn't the case or the exhaustion I was referring to. I had this feeling pile up on me, one where I felt as if I had been carrying "tiredness" from months ago, maybe even years old.

I happened to have my iPhone near by so I went to my * forgive my geekiness * pull up my Amazon app and search the term "worn out". The results were, of course endless, but this one particular book stood out:

I bought it and I'm a 1/4 ways into it. One could consider it a self-help book but for me, to tell you the truth this one under $10 book might actually change me forever. I truly hope so because I'd like to put an "expiration date" on the exhaustion I've been carrying around. The creepy part is that I'm wearing me out. It's not the cause of having kids, a husband, not friends, work or family, it's "me" putting myself in situations that compromise my time, emotions, energy and finances.

I want to find balance that benefit my spirit and my relationship with my God and my family. I want to put what matters first and let what's unimportant be, melt away, in order to not find myself so worn out. If you find yourself in my shoes, if you define yourself as a "perfectionist", "people pleaser" and "workaholic", "addictive volunteer", this book might be for you too! I'm so happy I found it...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think I need that book too!

devon spec said...

honestly.... i just bought this book. i am worn out. i go through the motions. i am a full time mother, wife, daughter, sister, sister in law, daughter in law... etc... it's rough. i'm buying this and hopefully finding some peace.

Mrs. Maria said...

Let me know what you think... I might buy it for Mel. * hehe * Then we can all talk about it. It's pretty much common sense we tend to forget. Me thinks anyways...