May 29, 2005

A Series of Unfortunate Events

This is what took place Friday as we were presented with the loan papers. A ridiculous loan offer that literally "killed" the deal. So we backed out, decided to NOT sign and have as of this very day lost $5,600. There is still a very slim chance, more like in a miracle way that we could still get this house, but we'll know more on Tuesday.

On a happier note, I rented both A Series of Unfortunate Events and Spanglish. I enjoyed both, but more Spanglish. I could relate in the sense of how my mother must have felt as I culturally changed due to our move to the United States from Puerto Rico when I was 12 going on 13. I to this day, still have a lot of my culture in me, which I hope to share with my girls. But until I saw this movie, I couldn't have imagined how hard it must have been for her to keep my identity in place. To keep a language, a meal, a family. I really enjoyed the topic, though Tea Leoni, if not mistaken... drove me insane and I could have killed her numerous times.

On a "first time" note, I tried Sushi this past Friday, during lunch. We went to a tiny place called Tokyo Lobby. My husband who is extremely fanatic of sushi, ordered me a simple roll to try. My input... "I don't see how it's a big deal meal, it's okay, not bad". He says I only feel this way because I just tried the simplest of sushi, just tuna. Maybe, just maybe I'll give something else a try next time we go. The place did have a delicious teriyaki beef bowl, YUM! Happy Sunday everyone!

7 comments:

Jeope said...

Jeers to house loans! Cheers to sushi!

I can't believe the rollercoaster you're on. Take care and hug them kids.

Mary said...

Oh my gosh! This makes buying a house sound very scarey... I hope you get your miracle though!

devon spec said...

oh maria! i hope you get what you deserve. :)

sushi is da' bomb! i love it. nothing too... "fishy" though. make sure it's 45 degrees or colder, (i saw a scary show on 20 minutes about diseases and stuff!)
my friend is going to teach me how to make it, and we're going to have margaritas, so there can be an oriental/mexican war going on in our bellies!!!

i loved spanglish too, i wanted to kill her also. she sucked. she made me like, HECTIC feeling or something. paz vega is so friggin' cute. i love that you can relate to it!

Jeope said...

Maria, did you send Chimpy some cookies? What the heck is he talkin' about?

Mrs. Maria said...

Jeope... It has been a rollecoaster but I truly believe these things happen because they have to. That house was not meant to be. It doesn't mean I wasn't upset about it... but it just wasn't meant to be.

Mary... It's not suppose to be this scary. I guarantee you, you won't have this problem. There were a number of events that lead to this.

Devon... I think we will. We found a bigger house at a great price. We put an offer today *fingers crossed*. I feel dumb... all my stuff's put away and I keep pulling things out. - Paz Vega is too pretty... *yuck*. :D

Mrs. Maria said...

I did send Chimpy boy some cookies. You want some too? LOL. I think they were pretty good... I think Dave should've shared with you...

Jeope said...

You gotta find a way to get them across the border...maybe hide them in packets of coffee or sumthin'. Tell you what, tho': If you send me some cookies, I'll be your best friend for life.