August 25, 2008

A Life Changing Decision

I know this post is very intimate and most of my closest friends read my blog, so sharing these words in public means a lot to me! I know from time to time I tend to be very reserved. It's been a long busy, yet exciting day.

I know I've been somewhat missing these past few weeks. I've had some busy work, that would be reason #1 as to why I've disappeared. Reason #2 is that about 3 weeks ago I received a call about a volunteer opportunity. Last year I took a course, a bible study course that covered Corinthians 1 and 2 in an in-depth study. I really enjoyed it so much! It was like no bible study I had ever done. In case you didn't know already, living for God is a huge part of who I am and who I am becoming.

Several times through the year I assisted in the childrens ministry. I really enjoyed it and even mentioned to my hubby several times how I envisioned me being an actual teacher to the little kids. I never really mentioned it to anyone else. Three weeks ago I received a call to find out my class leader had recommended me as a childrens teacher. I was really just honored. It is such a magnificent opportunity for me and at the same time a huge responsibility, not to mention commitment. I know this opportunity requires me to make some changes in the way I do things and they are changes I am thrilled to make. I am nervous and honored, happy and thankful to have the opportunity to mature in my walk with Christ. For me this is a life changing decision. I have been a Christian for a long time, but this year I have the opportunity to not just be a Christian but live like one. This year I have the opportunity to grow close to God and I can sense this time is like no other!

1 comment:

patricia zapata said...

Congratulations Maria and thank you for sharing. I saw you mentioned it on Twitter and didn't have a chance to mention anything there. I'm sure you're going to be an awesome teacher! :)